Sunday, January 21, 2007

What a Weekend!

This morning, a mirror in our master bedroom fell to the floor and shattered into a zillion pieces. Superstition says that should bring 7 years of bad luck. Apparently that superstition is false; it's been one of the best weekends ever. Friday night our oldest son debuted in the middle school version of "The Music Man" as Marcellus, the sidekick to Professor Howard Hill. It was great. Then Friday morning I had to trek to Lexington for a PBC program team meeting. To do that, I had to beg off from my usual duties coaching Saturday Morning Basketball--this week, my team played our middle son, Jacob's team. On the way up the interstate, the phone rings--Jacob's team has won, and he has scored his first-ever basket. As soon as the meeting was over, I booked it back down the highway to the gym , arriving 30 seconds before tipoff of David's bantam game. He played well, and scored. Then, a quick shower and back to the auditorium for the second show of the play, followed by the cast party (which, incidentally, was the first meal I got all day). Then this morning it was off to church, where the weekend moved from merely awesome to unforgettable: Jacob was baptized following morning services! The fact that I got lunch at Fazoli's, a much-needed nap, and now an afternoon of playoff football is just icing on the cake. It's weekends like this that remind me how awesome parenthood really is--I'm so proud of both my boys, I could burst my buttons!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad I got to be there for the play and the baptism. Both of the boys are so awesome! (but in very different ways)

MichaelPolutta said...

I know that feeling, bro! Happy for all of you!