Friday, June 1, 2007

Go ahead. Envy me.

Just thought I'd point out, I didn't go to work today. And I won't be going Monday, either. Nor any day that I don't really feel like it until mid-August. 'CAUSE I'M A SCHOOLTEACHER! I will, of course, have to deal with students in my professional capacity for a couple of weeks... IN ROME! So life is pretty good.

Seriously, I have no idea how all you people with "real jobs" do it (I've been told teaching is an "unreal job"). I have nothing but respect for the folks who take their very limited vacation time and spend it on such things as PBC (and of course, SuperWeek starts in 8 days). For all the many gripes that teachers have about the pay (and believe me, a small number divided by 12 is even less per month than the same small number divided by the 9 months we actually work), I've said for a long time now that time is far more valuable than money. If I made six figures, I'd just spend it all, but I wouldn't be able to do the time-things that money can't buy (like camp, and enjoying the kids all summer). Now, I'll grant you that the best of both worlds would be even better--time to travel and the money to go places. But God has been awfully gracious in that area, too. Happy summer, all!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You can think what you want, but I think I've got you beat with the housewife lifestyle. :)

I am glad you guys get a break, though. In the Bible (esp. in the OT), God seems to think it's really important to take time to rest. I wish more companies had that policy...

MichaelPolutta said...

You're a blog SLACKER! No job for the summer, one lousy post!

super Hubby said...

no excuses for Mullet Hall.