Monday, December 26, 2011

What I'm Reading

I put together a few gift cards and got a Nook for Christmas.  Very cool.  This means I can have the usual dozen books on my bedside table but not have the stack so high.  The best part is that most of the books I have downloaded are free or very cheap.  Here's what's on tap to start the year.  First, the hardcopies:

Modern Times, by Paul Johnson.  (moving slowly through this one.)
My Utmost for His Highest, by Oswald Chambers (trying to do a 1-page devo before bed nightly.)
The Tangible Kingdom, by Hugh Halter (a book on rethinking church that Ann passed my way.)

Then come the ones on Nook that I'm actually currently reading:

The Bible
EntreLeadership, by Dave Ramsey (I actually paid for this one!)
Game Plan for Life, by Joe Gibbs (an old Promise Keepers book that was free.)
Matthew Henry's Method for Prayer (also free!)
Orthodoxy,  by G.K. Chesterton.

Finally, the ones I have downloaded and not looked at yet:

The Everlasting Man, by G.K. Chesterton
St. Francis of Assisi, by G.K. Chesterton (see a theme?  Lots of free Chesterton!)
The Art of War, by Sun Tzu

Between the Nook and a booklight that came from my daughter, I'm set in the evenings for the near future.

1 comment:

bekster said...

Ah, thanks for reminding me that I wanted to look at "The Tangible Kingdom." I think the next time I have someone flying in, I'll have to get them to do a book run...