Thursday, July 10, 2008

Why No Politics?

In case you're wondering, there's no particular reason that I haven't done any commentary on political issues lately. It's just that I haven't cared all that much. As I have indicated before, I'm rather bummed out by the choices in this upcoming presidential race--although I agree more with McCain than Obama on the "big" issues (big to me, at least), on a host of smaller ones I'm unimpressed. Nothing new there. I could catalog all the recent switcheroos by Obama as he shifts from pander-to-the-leftmost primary mode to pacify-the-middle general election mode, but there are plenty of sites which do that full time, and I'm not interested in being an Obama-basher. I've let it be known already that I stopped buying the "he's different" schtick a while back, so this is really nothing new. Of course, if there's some story about either candidate that I find interesting enough, it may send me off into a post, but right now, nothing has changed. On a similar note, gas prices continue to rise, but I've covered that before. Don't get me wrong, I doubt very seriously that I'll be able to keep quiet, blog-wise, until election day (and I'm not even really trying that hard). But for now, there's just nothing worthy of comment.

No comments: